Donation Drop Off
10:00 to 11:00 am Wednesdays and Saturdays
Side entrance of the store at 9151 Glacier Hwy
However, we will take Christmas donations anytime the store is open! Please come to the counter in the store and let the staff know.
Thank you for considering donating to our thrift store. The money we make from sale of your donations in the store, after paying store expenses, is used to support the society’s work in helping children, families, individuals and seniors with immediate need and transitional services, affordable and transitional housing, and seasonal support programs. We use these funds as soon as needed in Juneau. Unfortunately, there are things we just can’t accept as donations, not because we don’t want to take your items off your hands, but because we just can’t sell them. If we take items we cannot sell, we have to pay the high disposal costs here in Juneau, which takes away from our charitable mission.
Therefore, donations are accepted at the discretion of our staff and volunteers, and we thank you for your understanding. As a general guideline, we do not have the ability to clean or repair donated items. Therefore, we are very sorry, but we just can’t sell items that are dirty, stained, torn, ripped, broken, worn-out or have missing parts. Items we cannot sell include:
- Clothes that are dirty, stained, worn-thin, ripped, have missing buttons or broken zippers
- Household items that are dirty, inoperable, or have missing parts
- Toys or games that are dirty, or have missing parts or pieces
- Child car seats, potty chairs or bathtubs
- Furniture, rugs or appliances that are dirty, stained, broken or worn-thin, and metal desks
- Computer equipment older than 2010, CRT monitors and fax machines
- Encyclopedias, class text books and magazines
Hold on Furniture Donations until After the First of the New Year
We do not have room to store our current stock of furniture in order to make room for the Holiday Store. So, we are putting a hold on furniture donations until after the first of the year. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience. (But you do want us to put us to put up our legendary holiday store, don’t you? Ho, ho, ho…)